Enjoy your whole day in just one awesome place in Paris: St. Michel
MUST-SEE, MUST-EAT, MUST-BUY I MUST say =]]
In front of the Fountain, there is usually piano street performance. I don’t know its frequency. But if it’s a beautiful day in Paris, probably yes ;)
Notre Dame Cathedral, just right across the bridge, beautiful and … be ware of pick pockets (as always =.=). It took 200 years to build such giant incredible church!!! Go there to wow your mind as well as to realize who cute the “fatty” pigeons are =) (They are not afraid of people and eat what ever we give them. Food is not their concerns I think but diabetes. kidding but… true!)
La Seine: Take you time to walk along the Seine. It’s BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!
Yet not recommended for those who are depressed. Too romantic to handle
Oh hell, I love St.Michel so much ‘cz they have whatever you wanna eat:
- Ice cream: Amorino (Rose-shaped ice cream looks pretty nice and tastes awesome as well) – You can use many flavors as much as you like in one cup!
Note that more flavors mean less portion of each as long as they fit in your chosen size of cup. (Petite, Grande, etc.)
They can take credit/debit card and speak fluent English as well. St. Michel is a famous tourist place. Most people speak/understand English, so don’t worry ;)
- Crêpe (try Nutella Banana, my favorite! ) – Especially the Crêpe place I marked on the map (which has the address: 24 Rue de la Huchette). Why this place?
- Nice people. Well.. here’s the story: I ordered a crêpe and the place only took cash while I only have my debit card with me. The crêpe maker (srr for the lame name but idk how to call him:”>) just gave me the crêpe without being paid and said I could paid him later after withdrawing some cash. There was a bank near the fountain (just so you know for your convenience) so I was able to pay him back within 10 mins. Idk small thing yet tells a lot. That’s how you got customers regardless of what kind of business you’re.
- Nice crêpe actually. Lots of Nutella and ONE banana in ONE Crêpe. Some places only use half of a banana for the same Nutella banana. Does this sound creepy to you =]] If you happen to find another awesome crêpe place, please let me knowwww!!!
- Israel, Greek, Mexican, French food is everywhere in such little cute streets! Fine menus with “student” budget, like 10 or 14 euros for one whole meal, including 1 entree, 1 main, 1 dessert.
- Odette: Paris Pastry Cream Puffs or the so-called “bánh su” in Vietnamese =]] You can only buy either one cake and eat it there OR buy a set of 6 to take out in a very pretty box for 9.9 euros If I remember correctly.
The whole street is shopping stores but I only choose one little souvenir shop called “Le Haut du Pavé” (The store on the map is marked as “6 Rue Saint-Julien the Poor“). It’s not on any crowed street and It was mere luck to discover it while wandering around with my bf for photo shoots. I’ve seen many souvenir shops in Paris yet this one is actually unique with less commercialized ubiquitous stuffs you see everywhere in Paris. If you love art, you’d love it.
How to get here:
Metro line 4 or RER B, Get off at St.Michel Notre Dame
Any suggestion is deeply appreciated ;)
Other posts regarding where I’ve been to in France, click HERE